Preconditions for mobility allowance
As a daily allowance recipient, have you accepted a job from a distance from home or is your commute long? Or have you started at least 2 months of work-related training? Check if you could be entitled to mobility allowance.
Conditions for mobility allowance
- you are entitled to earnings-related daily allowance at the start of employment,
- your employment will last a minimum of two months or you participate in work-related training that lasts a minimum of 2 months
- your travelling time to and from work will exceed three hours per day for full-time work and two hours per day for part-time work
Duration of employment or work-related training
One condition is that the work is at least two months. Work-related training must also be related to an employment relationship lasting at least 2 months
Duration of the commute
A prerequisite for receiving mobility allowance is that at the beginning of the employment relationship or work-related training, the round trip duration of your commute is more than
How long is mobility allowance paid?
The duration of the mobility allowance period depends on the duration of the employment relationship. The allowance period is
- 30 days, if employment lasts at least 2 months
- 45 days, if employment lasts at least 3 months
- 60 days, if employment lasts at least 4 months.
How to proceed
Apply for mobility allowance in writing from the fund. The allowance must be applied within 3 months. The whole allowance period is applied with one application.
It is not possible to apply for mobility allowance directly using the form filled through Openetti. Download the mobility allowance application form to your computer. Save the completed form and send it to the fund using the “Send attachments” – function.
To fill out the form, you need a PDF reader, for example, the free Acrobat Reader.
Please note that mobility allowance can be paid if you are entitled to earnings-related daily allowance at the beginning of your employment relationship. Fill in the application for earnings-related daily allowance until the beginning of your work if you have not yet applied fo it.
For more information, read the link below.