Skip to content
Login to Openetti

Taxation of the benefit

The unemployment fund receives its members’ tax information on earned
income directly from the Tax Administration every year at the beginning
of February. If the unemployment fund has not received your tax
information by the start of your job alternation leave, we will ask you
to send us your tax card.

The job alternation compensation is taxable income. The withholding tax rate for job alternation compensation is at least 25% when we use your salary
withholding tax rate
in the payment of the benefit.

You can apply for a revised tax card for benefits for the duration of your job alternation leave. We will then withhold taxes according to the rate on this card, without an increase. The original revised tax card must be sent to the unemployment fund, and it is valid from the date of its arrival at the fund.