Skip to content
Login to Openetti

Which tax withholding rate are you applying for January 2017?

When paying out benefits in January 2017, we will apply the same tax withholding rate as in December 2016. However, the annual accrual will be reset, in order words, we will apply the basic rate. 

Do I need to send you my tax card?

We receive your initial tax card information for wages for 2017 directly from the Tax Administration. The new tax rate becomes valid on 1 February 2017. You do not need to send the tax card that you automatically receive to the unemployment fund.


1. If you have a tax-at-source card or a graduated tax card, you must send the original tax card to the 
unemployment fund by post. 

2. If you request a revised tax card from the Tax Administration, ask for it to be determined for a benefit and send it to the unemployment fund either by post or through Openetti.

PLEASE NOTE! Tax information is obtained from the Tax Administration on the basis of membership. If you joined at the end of the year or later, please check with the unemployment fund whether we have received information on your tax withholding rate.  You can also check your tax withdrawal rate applied by the fund through the Openetti services at under Payments, decisions and accumulation – Tax information. 

What is my tax withdrawal rate?

In 2017 as in 2016, the withholding tax rate determined for wages will probably be increased for the payment of earnings-related allowance so that the tax withheld is at least 25%. The increase concerns rates determined for wages that were initially lower than 25%. If your rate was initially 25%or higher, we will apply the rate determined by the tax authority. 

If you provide the unemployment fund with a revised tax card determined for benefits, tax is withheld accordingly, without an increase.

Note that your tax withdrawal rate is also effected by the annual income threshold provided on your tax card. On exceeding the threshold, we will apply the higher rate. 

How to I obtain a revised tax card for the purpose of the benefit?

The quickest way to obtain a new tax card is to go to You can order a tax card for the year 2017 after 14 December, 2016. You can print out your tax card from the online service and send it to us via Openetti. You can send us a revised tax card sent to your home either via Openetti or by post.You can also select in the online tax card service for your tax card to be directly sent to us at the Teachers’ Unemployment Fund.

Read more about the service and how to use it at!

Do you have questions about the taxation of the earnings-related allowance or job alternation allowance?

More information on the taxation of benefits paid by us is available on the website of the Tax Administration at